Established September 15, 2001


Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cakes and More Cakes

I have started an adventure into making cakes. My mother-in-law makes some wonderful cakes and I have always admire how well she does them....therefore, since I married Kane I am slowly getting into making cakes!!
One day Kane and I are going to open a cake shop...I do not know when or how...but one day:)

Here are just a few of the cakes I have made!!!

This was for Lily's 1st birthday...2009

Lily's 2nd birthday...2010

My Granny's 80th birthday...2011...this is when I was first learning how to work with the marshmallow fondant....

My latest creation...I made owl cake pops for a teacher friend of mine's daughters 1st birthday...2012

Here is the cake that went with the owl pops...2012

Lily's 4th birthday...2012

Cupcakes for my sister's wedding shower...2011

Baby Shower cake I made for Amanda...2012
This was the first time I ever attempted anything like this...talk about stress overload:)

So I mentioned a few times how I am a teacher...well this was the first year we administered the STAAR test...lets just say I made my team a cake to celebrate it being OVER!!!

My sister's 2nd wedding shower cake...2011
I still have ALOT to learn before that dream of a cake shop ever becomes reality....but for now I am enjoying making them at home in my little cake shop here:)


No comments: